Powered By Blogger

Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

A Birthday Pesent

 I came up with the idea of altering a clock for my DH birthday, so then it was the question of what to put on it I knew it had to have a dragon on it my first thought was a large dragon across the centre of the clock but then I spotted a card on a blog with a animal holding a number so set about searching to see if I could find something similar with dragons. Which is when I came across Lynn's blog, some of you will know her as Spyder from her other blog, she had Darcy dragon with a number 7 so I emailed her to see if she could do something similar for me but with the numbers 3,6,9,12 and didn't she come up trumps they are fab thank you once again Lynn.
 This is a picture of the clock with out the silver frame and glass, although the background paper looks white in the photo it is Basic Grey paper and has a hint of grey & green to it. Unfortunately I could take the clock hands off on this clock so had to cut the circle of paper to the middle and slide it round you can just see the join going up to the number 12. Each of the other number are silver die cuts that I bought off ebay and mounted on some Basic Grey green paper that I cut into circles with my nesties.

 Each of these numbers have been coloured with promarkers and then I used a Sakura pen to add some sparkle to the wings which doesn't really show up in the photos.


I hope you like it, I'm really pleased with it there are a few things I would change if I was to do it again but I think DH will like it.

I would like to enter it into the following challenge:
Basic Grey Challenges -  Wings

15 comments:

Spyder said...

This is brilliant Jenny, I love what you've done with Darcy, he looks really chuffed with himself! Maybe time will now drag-on by, giving you more time to make lots more crafty things like this! I'm sure hubby will love it. I hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' it!
(Lyn)

Scrappy Scatty said...

wow , fantastic . how lovely is Darcy xx

downrightcrafty said...

awesome and isn't Lyn the best, what a pefect gift idea
Hugs Kate x

Sarah said...

Wow, this is amazing, what a wonderful present x

Cathy said...

Fab clock Kate, and what a cute dragon. Thank you for joining in the Basic Grey challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Gem said...

wht a fab project, it will make a great present x

Karen said...

WOW!! Jenny thats fab!! first time I have seen an altered clock, what a brilliant idea x

CT19720 said...

What a great idea and design you have done. I am sure your OH will love itx

Patricia St Martin said...

This is fabulous Jenny... I love the clock you did a wonderful job. I have something on my blog for you.

Fifi Folle said...

Fab! What a good idea for a pressie. Darcy is great.x

Uma said...

wow, fantastic present

Nikbee said...

This is wonderful. Such a fab idea. The dragons are so cute.

Nikki x

Addams said...

Wow this is great, what a great present

Mad-Frog said...

Wow that's brilliant

Spyder said...

Hi Jenny! Darcy has won you a free digi on my
This Month Spyder Has Spyed

post, please choose any digi from my didi store and I will email it to you! ((Lyn))