Powered By Blogger

Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

Couple of altered bits

 It was Shannon's best friends birthday this week and she didn't know what to get for her so I set about altering a notebook and a photo frame for her. The notebook was a £1 from Wilkinson. I prised the binding open and took the front cover off, covered it with some grey paper and then layered some stripy paper from Craftwork cards onto it, this has silver stripes on it but they don't show up in the photo. The I have printed this fab little image which was a freebie from here, I have coloured it with my promarkers and then mounted it onto a red frame which was cut with a nellie die into each of the dots on the frame I have put a clear gem. The ribbons tied to the binding are all from Crafty Ribbons.

 This frame again came from Wilkinson I bought them a while ago when they were reduced to 3 for 50p I have covered it with some paper I bought from Hobbycraft, not sure which brand it is as I had already used a piece and cut the name off the bottom, the white flowers are glittery. I added a rub on sentiment to the top corner. Then die cut a heart and some swirls from some MME paper and stuck them in the other corner adding some gems to the ends of the swirls. Along the bottom I put some lilac seam binding with a small bow in one corner and a flower in the other which is made from die cut scalloped circles, a gem brad in the centre of both finished it off.


8 comments:

Scrappy Scatty said...

awww how lovely xx

Julie (elysia2003) said...

What a lovely gift. xxx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

fabby gift idea - one I might have to snaffle :c) xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous gifts, I bet her friend loved them x

Nikbee said...

Wonderful ideas for gifts. The image on the notebook is lovely.

Nikki x

craftygranny said...

oooh they are fab and that image is so cute

cheryl said...

this is one great book hun love the papers you have used,and,love the photo too ,hugs cheryl xxxx

Uma said...

great altering, very creative