Powered By Blogger

Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Zombie Birthday Card


This is one of the cards I made for Shannon's birthday which was Monday, I was lucky enough to win some images from The Stamping Boutique and this is one of the one I picked it's called Zombie girl with tea. 
I cut a card blank in half and then stuck the image panel overhanging the top to create this shaped card. The striped paper is from MME Miss Caroline All Dolled Up pad and I used my martha stewart zig zag punch on the bottom edge. I used some purple bakers twine wrapped around the card with a tiny black bow charm tied onto it.

I have coloured her with promarkers added a tiny amount of black glitter glue to the flower on the cup and glossy accents to the skulls. I have decoupaged the zombie and the skulls to make them pop from the background.

Here's a close up of her face so you can see her eyes I used crackle accents on them to give them a zombie look.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sketch & Stash Challenge - Sketch ( new image used)
Celebrate the Occasion - Birthday Shaped Card
Raise The Bar - Use Twine
Crafts 4 Eternity - Digital
365 Cards - One stamp, one piece of patterned paper (any size, any shape), and any three embellishments ( embellishments are brads, twine & charm)

21 comments:

Ali said...

What a fab image - I love your lay out xx

Highland Handmade said...

Wow this is great! love the image you used, and those eyes look great!!! x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card, The image made me smile, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
Kevin xx

ScrappyRae10 said...

Great Card and I love those colors together!!! Thanks for playing along with CTO!! www.scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

Lou said...

wow fantastic zombie card Jenny - love her eyes x

Unknown said...

wow i love the layout and the image! the eye detail is sooooo clever xxx

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the image.
Nikki x

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Cute but scary or do I mean scary but cute - great card! xx

pinky said...

Oh I love this! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Brilliant card and such a great image and useful too at the end of October!

Adrian said...

cute! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Esther said...

Cool card!
I love how you used the crackle accents on her eyes, great idea!!!!
I also like how you hung the skeleton heads.
Thanks for joining CTO this week.

michele said...

Fabulous card, love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Sarah said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Jenny! What a fab image, love the card shape too x

Jill said...

aww this is fantastic what a fab image thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

~*Joni said...

Oh Jenny what a fun card! I love your monochromatic color scheme, perfect for this awesome image. She reminds me of the other mom in Coraline. ;) Beautiful job! Thank you so much for joining in on our twine challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

girlia said...

What a fun card. Great color scheme. Perfect for the image. Thanks for sharing it with us at CTO

Hazel said...

Love this card Jenny - just wonderful.

Take care

Hazel x

Jen Nelson said...

this really did make me smile

Perfect for our sketch this time at Sketch N Stash thanks for joining us

Jen xx

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

How fun is that, I just love the great little details, super cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Birthday (shape card)" challenge :)

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!