Powered By Blogger

Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Easter Card & Egg Holder


Today I have a quick and easy Easter project that is featured on the blog over at S J Crafts today to show you , I made both the card and the egg holder from 1 sheet of Kraft card and 1 sheet of 6 x 6 paper.


So the card is 10 x 10 cm which was cut from the sheet of Kraft card. The paper is from MME Now & Then Mildred pad. I simply cut a strip from a sheet mounted it onto pale yellow paper and stuck it down the centre of my card blank. I coloured a cute Easter image from Pink Petticoat and mounted it on a die cut yellow scalloped circle which is then stuck to the card on foam pads to give it some dimension. I added some Studio Calico wood grain enamel dots to the corners and also in the centre of the flower on the top of the egg. Lastly I used Glossy Accents to make the chicks beak shiny.


Onto the egg holder I cut a piece of Kraft card 27 x 9 cm and then scored 11 cm, 17 cm, 19 cm and 25 cm. I made up a template below if you want to use it. Between the score lines at 19 cm and 25 cm I die cut a circle for my egg to sit into. Once folded up you can see you have almost a box shape with a flat back. I decorated the back similar to my card adding a strip of paper with die cut image attached. I also added a strip of paper and some enamel dots to the front of the box.



I hope you have enjoyed my project today.
I would like to enter my card and gift into the following challenges:
Digi Haven - Easter with a twist (must use brown)
Cut It Up Challenge - Easter and die cut
Craft For The Craic - Easter/ Spring
A Creative Romance - Eggcellent Spring



11 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous project! Love everything about it xxx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a great idea! The image is adorable, and the box itself is simple and clever!

Thanks for joining our Easter challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Love this project the egg holder is so cute, thank you for joining this months challenge for Craft for the Caric, Sylvie DT

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Ah-dorable! I love them both! The dimension and creativity with the plastic egg on the second is super cool! Thank you for joining us at CIU!

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeous set Jenny, love the egg holder and cute chick on the card x

Highland Handmade said...

Fab set, love the papers you have used with the craft and what a cute chick x

michele said...

Lovely Easter egg holder & card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Michelle B. said...

Sooo cute! Completely adorable with such soft colors and very creative w/your twist of brown. So glad you joined us for our Easter with a twist Challenge at Digi Haven!

Glittertastic said...

This is so cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Papercrafts

Sharon
x

Linda Levoir said...

Love that egg holder! What a fab idea. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx

Ger said...

the chick is so cute! Lovely project. Thankyou for joining us this month at <a href="http://www.craftforthecraic.blogspot.ie/>Craft for the Craic</a>